Sunday, March 21, 2010

Moving day

SATURDAY 03/20/10

I moved into my new house, and LOVE it!!!  Here's a little tour:



















(my door)



















(entryway)

























(french doors into living room)




















(living room)



















(kitchen)

























(stairs to the 2nd floor)



















(empty bedroom on 2nd floor)


























(stairs to my room - i've learned to walk at an angle, as the ceiling is quite low)




(my king-size bed - 2 twins pushed together)




















(my "office")

REASONS WHY I LOVE MY APARTMENT:

1)    window in my room (very hard to find in a city where most bedrooms are interior)



















2)    bathroom in my room (small, but it’s a full bathroom!)

























3)    close to many of the friends that I’ve met, as well as my yoga and dance classes (except for African dance, which is in Palermo Hollywood, and it’ll be a good excuse to go there once a week)

4)    housemates are great (and Spanish-speaking)!  the owner is Argentine and there’s a couple who’s been living in the Italian part of Switzerland – the girl is Swiss and the guy is Argentine – they mainly communicate with each other in Italian (I can brush up!), but both speak Spanish – they’re here for a year as well, and there’s an Australian tango dancer who’s coming on the 29th

5)    I’m on the 3rd floor – same floor as the terraza and parrilla (grill)

















































6)    it just smells like home

7)    ceiling fan in my room (next to the window, that is another huge bonus for me, as I always sleep with a fan)

























8)    there’s a TV (not that I watch it much, but it’s nice to have the news and know the Argentine’s perspective of events)

9)    coffee machine and mate!

10)    living room with couch (nice to have a common living area)

No comments:

Post a Comment