Sunday, March 21, 2010

Feliz cumpleaños a mí!

WEDNESDAY 03/03/10

Well, despite the birthday, there really wasn’t anything too extraordinarily special about the day.  In order to get outside for a bit and get some exercise, I decided to walk down to Once to give Marisa my deposit for the apartment.  I stopped into a boutique and found one of the skirts that turns into 5 different styles of a dress – the shopkeeper gave me a break on the price, which convinced me to buy it!  Happy birthday to me!  After dropping off the deposit, I went to my 2nd to last African dance class of this session.  It turns out that the instructor is Argentine, she moved to Israel when she was 15 and lived there for 8 years, then New York for 5 years, then Senegal, and has been back in BA since 1996!  Quite amazing!  She teaches classes on her own, in addition to the UBA, so I am going to check out one of her other classes.

As I entered the wing for my Cine Argentina course, the lights were completely off – due to a power outage only on that side of the building (and the rest of the block on that side).  The class was suspended for the day!  I ended up chatting with one of the Brazilians who was going to go to La Catedral with some of her Brazilian friends later – I thought I might start the night there!

Since class was cancelled and I had some time, I walked home, ordered some delivery empanadas, and went to call the family back home for my birthday…and my headset didn’t work.  Generally, I wouldn’t worry about it too much, but I needed it for work the next day.  I sat on Facebook chat with a good friend for a few hours trying to figure it out, and in that time I got too tired to go out.  (The problem was never resolved, and I ended up being able to purchase a slightly worse quality headset for a fraction of the price – definitely not worth the time wasted trying to fix the headset from the U.S.!)

No comments:

Post a Comment