Sunday, March 21, 2010

I need to learn the cuts of the pig

WEDNESDAY 03/10/10

I started the day by watching the second movie that I had rented for my cine class, La Ciénaga (the Swamp).  It was an interesting movie, and being that it was made in 2001 (when Argentina’s large economic collapse occurred), there is quite a lot of analysis that can go into it.

I went for lunch at a restaurant that I had passed multiple times and had a pretty cheap Menú Ejecutivo (menu of the day) - $7 for an entrée, drink, dessert and coffee.  I ordered the sweet and sour pork with French fries.  Again, the pork was 25% fat and the rest of the meat was just not very good…maybe it’s the price, but really, I just need to learn what part of the pig that I like – both in English and in Spanish.  Afterward, I dropped off the rest of the money that I owed to the restaurant the night before.

It was my last day of African dance through the UBA, and despite just being physically tired, it was a good class.  In cine class, the instructor asked me directly about the movie that we were assigned to watch – it was kind of exhilarating to give some feedback on my perspectives and analysis (luckily, I had jotted down some notes before class).

No comments:

Post a Comment