Sunday, March 21, 2010

A dance partner!

THURSDAY 03/11/10

Went for a run around the Bosques de Palermo and then headed for lunch at a parrilla in the neighborhood.  As soon as I sat down, the waiter asked me if I was a dancer.  I told him I was and we proceeded to talk dance – he’s done a lot of contemporary and ballet dance and is looking for people to come together and do some choreography!  We immediately clicked, as the world of dance is something that immediately brings people together.  When his shift was done, we got a beer in Plaza Serrano (in Palermo Soho) and chatted on end about our experiences dancing and doing yoga – it was really great to find someone so serious about it!  The tough thing about contemporary dance in Buenos Aires is that there aren’t companies where you can just go take classes – it’s much more of an enclosed activity – people teach out of their own studios or get together in small groups to share ideas.  So, I was very excited to have a connection to someone who was really dedicated and looked for something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment