Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bang Trim

TUESDAY 03/16/10

I took the bold step of getting my first bang trim in a foreign country…as it had taken me several stylists to find one that I like in Minneapolis, I was extremely nervous for the results here in Argentina, but I could hardly see anymore and I was getting a crick in my neck from constantly trying to get the bangs out of my face.  I entered the peluquería named “Guapa” (gorgeous), thinking it looked nice from the outside…but inside, it smelled of tanning oil (even though I didn’t see any tanning beds around) and mildew.  But, I just figured I’d go for it.  I sat down in the chair and the barber handed me a towel – “por las dudas” (just in case)…in case of what?!  As he wetted my bangs and then dried them with his hands, he asked me to dry them further with the towel – kind of odd.  He proceeded to cut them in a rather straight cut, and I was beginning to regret my decision.  After some guiding, however, he did angle them more and give them a little shape.  In order to not end up with a pixie cut, I accepted his attempt and made sure that he didn’t go too far.  When he went to dry them, he just pushed them around with a bit more force than was necessary and not with much care.  All in all, I have to admit that the cut wasn’t horrible, but the attention to detail wasn’t near that of what I get in Minneapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment