Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A day of nothing

SATURDAY 04/10/10

I was awoken by a knock on the door as the maid had a tray full of breakfast items: fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee, media lunas (small croissants) and rolls.  It was a very nice gesture, but it was a bit earlier than I was hoping to wake up, so after eating, I went back to bed…to be woken up again an hour later as she came to retrieve the tray.  I had been fighting a horrible head cold for the previous week, and all that I wanted to do was sleep.  Finally, I forced myself to wake up and get ready…Pato had said that he would be done with work early in the afternoon.  So, I decided to just hang out around the cabin to read and take it easy.  I watched a sailing regatta and some windsurfers and kitesurfers – it definitely seemed to be a place that Michael and Dad would enjoy.  “Early afternoon” turned into later evening, but that was just fine – I could certainly use the R&R.  Pato and Fede came to pick me up and we headed down to the restaurant to meet up with Zequi, another friend from El Lago del Bosque (Spanish camp).  Again, a group of family and friends joined us, and it was just a relaxing evening recounting camp tales and stories of their travels after camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment