Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rain, but no floods!

Woke up to more rain.  I usually go to yoga Monday afternoons, but as it was raining pretty hard, I didn’t want to risk leaving and returning to a river that wouldn’t allow me to enter my house…so I went into the dance studio, turned on an online radio station that Vanessa introduced me to (http://icebergradio.com – it has a variety of genres of music, one of which being a mix of Putumayo songs) – and did a yoga lesson that’s streamed online.

The sun did start to come out and a flood was avoided!  I headed out to find a movie from 1981 that I was supposed to watch for my cine class on Wednesday.  The twenty-something people that worked at the movie stores around here, both small neighborhood ones and Blockbuster, just looked at me with a confused look as if I were asking for some archaic silent film that only their grandparents spoke of.

Went for a coffee with Vanessa’s roommate, Agustin, and then went to Romario pizzeria.  I had been thinking of their pizza since I arrived – I had eaten at the one just a few blocks from my house when I was here last year – the crust nice and crispy and thick but not too think, the sauce a chunkier tomato sauce, and the ingredients fresh and a multitude to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment