Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The feat of recharging a cell phone with minutes

For all of the times that I’ve been frustrated with clients in Latin America who never charge their cell phone, I now sympathize with them.  It is not an easy task.  I started a few blocks from my house, as I passed a Movistar (cell phone service) shop.  They didn’t charge cell phones – you had to go to a kiosko (little convenience store).  So, I headed down a few shops to the nearest kiosko – he said to go to the next one – the little old woman there didn’t understand me and just said “vas a perder todo” (“you’re going to lose everything”)…what?! – stopped in a lottery window to see where the next closest kiosko would be and they said right next door – which happened to be all chained up and closed.  So, I gave up for the day.  The next day, went to the larger convenience store on the corner of my block, asked where the nearest kiosko was, he directed me to a small shop right across from my building, I went in, and I was able to recharge the phone quickly & easily.  Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment