Saturday, February 27, 2010

Live Cuban jazz!

WEDNESDAY 02/24/10

Started the day by looking at an apartment in Palermo Soho.  It ended up being tiny and shared with an older woman who again complained and criticized…no thanks! 

Later in the afternoon, I looked at another house in Las Cañitas, also close to where I am now.  The house was very nice and the Argentine couple who owns it generally fills it with 3 international people – we got along really well!  The house is just a bit dark with dark wood and not a whole lot of natural light.  The neighborhood has many restaurants and bars and it’s close to parks.

Went to my classes and then to UNIClub, a place that the BA Salsa Dancing Couchsurfer group goes to every week.  I had met a girl, Audrey, from Seattle, on Couchsurfing and she was going, as well.  Luckily, I changed out of my “classier” salsa outfit at the last minute and opted for jeans – the venue was very reggae and chill.  Great atmosphere and the 12-piece Cuban jazz band that played was fabulous, but a majority of the people just stood and watched or danced very minimally.  I was more in the mood for some serious dancing, and as a wave of tiredness swept over me, I decided to head home early at 3:00 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment