Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I really do love the city

SUNDAY 02/14/10

I was the first to wake at 11:30 am – and the first to get in the shower!  We left the hostel around 1:30 pm to have lunch at the same place again and then we were off to Las Termas (hot springs).  I expected natural pools of water like in the U.S. or the cenotes of Mexico, but they were just temperate pools that looked like a community center.




















I chose to take a siesta in the grass and just relax, since the pools were pretty full.  It was nice to just do nothing and not be herded like cows from one thing to the next.  We left Gualeguaychú at 7:30 pm and stopped at a truck stop for “20 minutes” for dinner – an hour later, we were on our way back to Buenos Aires.  As we arrived, I didn’t realize how much I had missed the city – it felt like I was home again…which, essentially, I was.  I just hadn’t realized how much I had identified with the streets and smells and rhythm of life here in such a short period of time.  I caught a taxi…where the taxista told me that he connects really well with Americans and Brits and proceeded to explain a Boy George movie that had helped him to learn English and moved him so much that he just couldn’t watch it again…I think it was all a ploy to milk the meter, but I humored him.  I got home around 12:00 am, did some catching up and went to bed – not even exhausted, which felt quite nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment