Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ana’s Birthday

A quick note on Halloween in Buenos Aires.  It’s primarily an ex-pat holiday – the bars in the touristy areas have drink offers and people dress up, and some of the shops have started to sell costumes for children, but it has only recently gained popularity in the last few years – more as a novelty.  I’d have to say that the Argentines that I saw in costume (which may only be a small sampling, but my observation, nonetheless) took on the zombie, horror feel of Halloween.  I feel like in the U.S. (or again, maybe just amongst my friends), it’s become more about thematic, satirical, or creative costumes rather than grotesque.

group of Argentines gathering at the Cathedral getting ready for what must have been a pub crawl

















Despite the Halloween fiestas, I opted to celebrate my good friend, Ana’s birthday.

Ana



 

No comments:

Post a Comment