Monday, August 16, 2010

Movie theaters…U.S. model but Argentine fashion

My friend, Ana, and I went to see Food, Inc. at the Green Film Fest at one of the main cinemas here.  Needing my ritual snack to make sure I stayed awake, I stopped in kioskos in search of some small dulce de leche candies, but discovered that the only options were large bon bons.  So, I resorted to M&Ms.  By purchasing them at a kiosko, applying my U.S. logic, I thought that they would be cheaper (still not cheap, though, at $13 pesos = more than $4 USD), but I realized that they were $1 peso less at the movie theater!  Then, Ana and I stood in line for popcorn that lasted significantly longer than it should have, considering there were only 3 people in front of us.  (Another symptom of Argentine inefficiencies.)  You could choose between sweet or salty popcorn, though!  When I asked Ana if she wanted butter on it, she said she had never heard of putting butter on popcorn…something I’ll have to introduce her to.



No comments:

Post a Comment